Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sometimes It Is All About the Reason You Are Surviving

Any survival instructor will tell you that you need inspiration, a reason, to keep going when the SHTF. It gives you that mental edge when all you're really doing is embracing the suck. "Think about your friends and family, whatever inspires you to keep going..." That's all well and good, but sometimes, the reason to get home is a lot smaller. And tastier.

This weekend was all about a reason to keep going: boozy cupcakes!

Introducing the Guinness-Jamesons-Baileys Cupcake:


 I would very much like to thank the Brown-Eyed Baker for this recipe. It's a Guinness chocolate cupcake with a Jameson's Irish Whiskey ganache and Bailey's Irish Cream frosting. It is pretty much the baked-good version of the rather tackily named Irish Car Bomb drink. (Take a Guinness, dump in a shot of Jameson's and a shot of Baileys. Chug before it curdles.) I am sure that my co-workers will thank her as well, since I baked 75 of them to take to work on Monday.

If nothing else, the ingredients are worth coming home for as well!

I also made her Shamrock Shake Cupcakes for the non-drinkers in the office. Thankfully, there aren't many.

I highly recommend both recipes and the Julia Child method of baking. I didn't make the drink these are based off of to drink, but I'd be lying if I said all the whiskey made it into the ganache. (I'm too wise to drink something you have to chug before it curdles.)

By the way, being able to bake and cook are pretty important survival skills. Being able to bake these surviving more bearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment