Saturday, February 21, 2015

Will Whoever is Praying for Snow Please Stop Now?

I have cabin fever grumpies. It has been bitterly cold in Virginia the last couple of weeks and my ability to get outdoors for any length of time has been severely hampered. Okay, I've been out twice today to shovel sidewalks and shovel out my car, but I really don't think that counts. It wasn't fun. It was an awful lot like work.

How Mother Nature says "Stay Home!" (The snow
got heavier and we have about 8"-9".)
Yes, I have winter coats and long underwear. They are perfectly good for a normal mid-Atlantic winter. You remember those? The ones where are low temperature didn't really drop below 25F/-3C or so?  I think if I am going to keep up the hiking, I need to kit out Montana style for the winters. I'd like to be able to get out even if the conditions are a bit frigid, but WHY ARE THEY FRIGID IN VIRGINIA?

But alas, that is not to be right now. I'm going nowhere. I even had a nice, indoor activity planned for today and Mother Nature said no to that too. Our department of transportation and the neighborhood plow guy just weren't moving quick enough to keep up with the storm. The roads are a no-go since I don't have all-wheel drive. So much for shooting today. Harumph.

I can't do much about the car since it isn't paid off yet and it's primary job is to get me to the train so I can go to work. AWD isn't normally necessary.  I can start accumulating warmer clothes though, so that is a task to complete between now and next winter.

And yes, 12 hours later, it is still snowing. It is supposed to turn to sleet at some point, but that is just worse. I wanna go out and play!




No comments:

Post a Comment